Electronic Case Filing (ECF) Features
- Enables authorized users to electronically file bankruptcy petitions and other documents (motions, objections, etc.) using a standard web browser.
- Provides immediate confirmation to the filer, and notice to other parties in a case, that a document was filed.
- Most documents must be in text-based .PDF format, requiring the user to have software to convert documents from a word processor format to portable document format (PDF). Scanned PDFs are allowed for documents that were not created by the filer, for example trust deeds.
- There are no additional fees to use ECF, but existing filing fees apply and can be paid electronically via credit card. You can bring up the payment screen at any time by clicking on Utilities - Internet Payments Due. Credit card or ACH information may be stored in your PACER account and accessed to pay filing fees.
- If you make an error or are unsure how to proceed, please contact the court. Proceeding on your own may put you at cross-purposes with the clerk's office or cause you to incur an additional filing fee.
- Click Here to review Local Bankruptcy Rule 5005-4 Electronic Case Filing.
Access ECF (you must be a registered user).
Obtaining E-Filing Privileges
You must obtain a PACER account, as noted under the NextGen CM/ECF link, before you can request E-Filing privileges.
Attorneys who were issued CM/ECF e-filing accounts prior to the NextGen conversion must link the account with their PACER account. Follow these linking instructions to obtain NextGen CM/ECF e-filing access.
Attorneys requesting new e-filing accounts must make the requests through their PACER account.
- Go to www.pacer.gov and log into your PACER account under the Manage My Account link.
- Go to the Maintenance tab and click on the Attorney Admissions/E-File Registration link.
- From the drop downs select Court Type - U.S. Bankruptcy Courts and Court - Alaska Bankruptcy Court.
Proceed through all of the screens and read the information carefully. The submitted request will come to the Court electronically to review. You will receive an email once the request has been processed. Information will be provided if the request is rejected. Your PACER username and password will be your E-Filing username and password once the request has been approved.
Questions - Email AKB_efiling@akb.uscourts.gov or call the Clerk’s Office at 907-271-2655 ext 1.