What are Unclaimed Funds?
Unclaimed funds are funds held by the court for an owner or recipient who is entitled to the money, but who has not claimed ownership. All unclaimed funds paid into the court are deposited in the United States Treasury.
How to Find Unclaimed Funds
Click here to access the U.S. Courts Unclaimed Funds Locator. Select AKB - District of Alaska from the court drop-down list and enter the applicable search criteria.
How to Apply to Claim Unclaimed Funds
Claimants desiring to recover funds previously submitted to the United States Treasury as unclaimed may do so by following the steps outlined in the Instructions for Filing Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds found below. Please read the instructions carefully and submit all required documentation with the application.
- Instructions for Filing Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds (Rev. 02/23)
- Form 1340 (Rev. 12/19) - Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds
Domestic Claimant Form to Include with Application (one must be included)
- AO 213 (Rev. 08/22) - Request for Vendor Information and TIN Certification (fillable PDF)
- AO 213P (Rev. 08/22) - Request for Payee Information and TIN Certification (fillable PDF)
Foreign Claimant Forms to Include with Application (both must be included)
- AO 215 (Rev. 08/18) - Request to Determine Foreign Vendor Tax Payments (fillable PDF)
- Form W-8 (accessible by searching on the IRS website at https://www.irs.gov)
The application and required forms must all contain original signatures. The court will not accept any documents which appear to have been altered in any material way.
Mail the original application and all supporting documentation to the following address:
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Alaska
605 West 4th Avenue, Suite 138
Anchorage, AK 99501
For questions please contact the court's Financial Administrator at (907) 271-2627.